Monday, 7 May 2012

Sorted

I've had the laziest of days - I woke up at a reasonable time, checked my emails, made breakfast ... and then decided I hadn't got the energy or inclination to do anything! I'd got the new instructions for my Mystery Sock KAL, but felt so tired that I was worried that I might make a mistake and have to rip it all back. As a result I spent much of the morning on Ravelry, chatting and looking at patterns.
After lunch I decided I needed to do something with my day, so headed to the discount shop and bought a couple of plastic boxes - I was going to decant some of my recent stash from the pink and purple mail sacks they had arrived in and into a new home ...

I've had a busy time! This is just they yarns I have bought since January! I think the problem has been that i've seen lots of amazing yarn, but have just not had the time to cast on. I'm hoping things are going to change now that most of my coursework marking for the year is complete!
There's some mini skeins, some peach 4ply I bought to make a specific pair of socks (and now can't think where the pattern book is), some laceweight I have wound ready to knit a summer top and some Yummy Yarns Sock yarn that I intend to make an Autumnal Cowl with ... and obviously there's more that I haven't earmarked for projects yet - I'm sure every other knitter is the same!

2 comments:

  1. What will you do with the mini skeins? I have a pack from Natural Dye Studio that I've had for ages, but I can't think of anything to do with them, except maybe a stripey cowl. But I'm getting a bit overloaded with cowls and scarflets... it's my go o project for my lumpy handspun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just started a MiniMania scarf - a pattern I found on Ravelry, and i'm also making the BeeKeeper's Quilt :)

    ReplyDelete