Saturday, 31 December 2011

Knitted globes and heartfelt rings

A gap in the rain, and therefore some very rare December daylight means I have been able to take a couple of quick photos of some of my projects ...
or a great deal of December I was knitting Christmas globes, they've disappeared off to various new homes but these are three I managed to keep ...
The heart globe was my first attempt, the yarn I used was a it on the thick side, but it had worked out ok. I knitted a few reindeer globes, I suppose it's the influence of all those Christmas jumpers in the shops! The green globe is my own design, the colours chosen because I wanted a real retro feel (as if i'd found the pattern in a 1950's craft book), and design is based on the stone decoration above my front door.
I'm sure i'll be knitting lots more next Christmas ...
The heartfelt ring was a very quick project - just to give me a break from globes and gloves! The yarn is Rowan ine Tweed - which I bought just because the colours looked so lovely! I partially felted the ring by hand and then finished it off by chucking it in with my washing - I know it could have gone horribly wrong!!! I want to make more of these, they are so cute, I need more Rowan yarn!


No comments:

Post a Comment