Saturday, 24 December 2011

Challenge 52 - Week 51

We're getting near to the end of my 52 week challenge ... and it's Christmas Eve, so, although I won't be thinking about doing my challenge task until at least Tuesday, i'm blogging about it as next Saturday will be the last Saturday of the year and I still have one challenge left!!!
I've got photographs from previous challenges to take - things in my sketchbook and some knitted globes, and i've also got some heartfelt rings from last week's challenge that, well, need felting - my first attempt did nothing, think there was too much nylon in the yarn I had chosen!!!

I've been watching Kirstie's Handmade Britain and was particularly interested in Isabelle Ting's handmade books.
http://www.channel4.com/4homes/how-to/crafts/how-to-bind-a-book

I love notebooks, and remember attempting to make my own sketchbooks as an art student many years ago (but they only had about eight pages as I didn't know what I was doing).
Isabelle Ting, who is based in Edinburgh makes all sorts of wonderful handmade books ...

















I'm sure my attempts will not look this wonderful, but i'm hoping to at least produce one little sketchbook that I can keep in my handbag for doodling!

All images from Isabelle Ting's website
http://www.isabelleting.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment