Saturday, 23 July 2011

Blue Bunting

I've been sewing those triangles again, this time for a friend who adores shabby chic ... especially bunting!

I tried to keep the colour scheme quite plain and fresh - white, cornflower blue and blue gingham, decorating the blue triangles with polka dot felt hearts.

The bunting is double sided (I back each triangle with a contrast fabric), so it can be hung at a window or across the room, and should last a while because it shouldn't frey.

I also made her this little make-up bag - created using upcycled curtain material, with a blue silk lining (also upcycled) ...

I'm looking forward to six weeks of sketching, sewing and creating. Ok, so I have some paperwork to do for my day job, but for the moment I want to exercise my design skills!

2 comments:

  1. I love your bunting! I think I am going to make some for the kids new playhouse.
    Enjoy your summer hols. I'm hoping the next 6 weeks don't go to quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bunting...love all your work.

    ReplyDelete