Monday, 20 September 2010

Patchwork Fabrics

I have decided to spend the Autumn evenings cutting out hexagons and tacking them ... yes i'm embarking on my first patchwork project in many years. I've picked out this fabric as my starting point, a mixture of pinks, greens and creams.
And so far i've picked out these other three fabrics to work with it, a cream polka-dot, a pretty pink floral design and a gold stripe with a floral sprig.

There all quite traditional fabrics, and i'm hoping to create something with a timeless feel. I know I need more fabrics, perhaps some plain dusty pink and sage green, but for the moment there's enough to keep me busy.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your project, the fabrics you have chosen to start with are lovely, and go well together.
    joy xx

    ReplyDelete