Thursday, 8 July 2010

June ATC Swap - Lunar Eclipse

I know it's July, but the tail end of June was a busy time and as a result my June ATC swap has only just arrived with the recipient! So now I can reveal my card, and how and why I made it ...
At the start of June I had a dream about a lunar eclipse, it was quite vivid and very sparkly! I decided to use this as the starting point for my June ATC swap - the theme was dreams, and this had been a memorable one.





I used lots of small white and grey stitches and finished the card off with little pearl grey beads.
I like to include a little gift with my ATC cards (if i've got time) so I made the recipient Georgina a Beachcomber button bracelet, using pearly buttons as little 'moons', seed beads and milky glass beads.
I really enjoyed doing this card and it's inspired me to do more embroidery, so I hope I can blog about that soon.

2 comments: