I haven't done a recipe blog for ages, but last night I did a batch of chocolate cookies with a twist ...
Eat on their own or break them up and squish into good quality vanilla icecream.
You will need:-
225g butter (softened)
140g caster sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
225g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
100g milk chocolate broken into small chunks
75g dried sour cherries (a lot yummier than they sound!)
pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 190c/Gas Mark 5. Line 2 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the butter and sugar in a bowl until creamy. Add the egg and the vanilla extract and beat together.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and salt, then add the chocolate and the cherries. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Roll the mixture into 12 balls (about golf ball size), place them on the baking trays leaving spaces in between and flatten them slightly.
- Bake for 12-15 mins, then leave to cool.