Sunday, 6 June 2010

Altered Book Swap - Part 1

My altered book is complete (well, my share of the pages) and posted. It now goes on to three other designers/makers before being sent back to me. Everyone spends about 15 days on each book and then posts it on. I should get my book back sometime in August, and in the meantime i'll be adding to the other swappers' altered books. I'll be revealing some of the pages in my book in a few days time, this will allow the recipient to have first peek! I can reveal the front cover though ...


























I needle felted the bird to the background fabric and stitched on a thin strip of calico. I added more stitching using stranded cotton, cotton perle and some grey/blue silk thread.
I added a little bird motif to the end of the page marker.
And in case you were wondering about the bird theme, the original book was 'The Birdwatcher's Pocket Companion'.
More Altered Book posts soon ...

No comments:

Post a Comment